Last updated: December 11, 2014
- Global Tassels Site Community Rules. Global Tassels Site forums are designed to encourage discussion on topics related to ideas, issues, education, and activism. While Global Tassels Site is centered on education issues and policies, we welcome a broad range of viewpoints. We have adopted the “Global Tassels Community Rules” set forth below to create a forum where information and views can be shared in a productive and civilized way. While using Global Tassels Site, you agree to follow the Global Tassels Community Rules.You agree to:
Respect others. Please do not threaten, abuse, intimidate or harass other Site users.
Use Global Tassels site for noncommercial use only. Posting entries solely to promote your own commercial ventures is not allowed.
You agree not to:
Post any content or provide links to any content that endorse or oppose a particular political party or candidate for office.
Post any private information or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about another Global Tassels Site user without his or her express consent.
Post any content to Global Tassels site that is unlawful, racist, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or harasses particular individuals or groups.
Post any content to Global Tassels Site that infringes any third-party’s intellectual property or other rights.
Use Global Tassels Site for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with Global Tassels Site any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
Use Global Tassels Site for advertisements, chain letters, “spamming,” survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations. We are not free advertising.
Impersonate any person or entity, including any GT employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
Imply that GT endorses any of your statements or positions.
Transmit any harmful, invasive or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms or web bugs) through or to Global Tassels Site, or otherwise “hack” or deface any portion of Global Tassels Site.
Frame or mirror any part Global Tassels Site without our prior written authorization.
- GT’s Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through Global Tassels Site will remain the property of GT and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations.
You may copy reprint, publish, reproduce, or otherwise display materials created by GT and made available through Global Tassels Site on the condition that you attribute those materials to GT as applicable, and provide a link to the applicable GT website (www.globaltassels.org). Specifically, any article or materials that you reprint or otherwise reproduce must be displayed with its by-line, if applicable, under one of the following headings:
“This material [article] was created by Global Tassels, Inc.” (Online)
“This material [article] was created by Global Tassels, Inc. (insert applicable website here)” (Print)
You can usually tell that a work is Global Tassels work because it has a by-line, tagline or other attribution as such. If you are uncertain whether a work is Global Tassels work, please contact us. Please contact the author of works published on Global Tassels Site that are not Global Tassels work for permission to re-use such works.
Limit on Use
Except as expressly permitted above, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any material produced by GT.
You may not make any editorial changes to articles or materials without first receiving express permission from GT. This provision does not restrict excerpting portions of content in a manner that does not alter the editorial intent.
If any of these terms are breached, we reserve the right to withdraw your license to republish our material. In this situation, you must take immediate steps to remove our material from all current and past communications.
- Information Available on or Through Global Tassels Site. Some information made available on or through Global Tassels Site is provided by third parties or other Global Tassels visitors or users (such information, “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on Global Tassels Site does not indicate any approval or endorsement by GT. GT are not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
- Links. The Global Tassels Site provides links to other websites and resources. Because GT has no control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that GT does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. GT is providing these links to you only as a convenience. GT has the right, but not the obligation to block links from or to Global Tassels Site at any time.
Please review it carefully:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so by updating your profile.
Resale or Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not share or otherwise disclose any personal information, including your name, address, or email addresses with other unaffiliated organizations. Only Global Tassels staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site.
Please be aware that if you decide to disclose personally identifiable information on forums open to other site visitors, this information may become public. GT does not control the acts of other visitors to the Global Tassels Site, so please be cautious when deciding to reveal personal information on Global Tassels Site. If you believe a visitor is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us at: email@example.com
Personalization of Content
Privacy of our Email Lists
GT maintains several email lists to keep our supporters informed about the news and events. Individuals who provide optional information may also receive materials in the U.S. mail and/or be contacted by telephone by authorized GT staff or representatives. We do not share the email addresses on our lists with staff outside of GT. Only GT staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site.
Links to Other Websites
If you choose to make a donation to GT, your credit card information will be used only for this transaction through our secure online payment system. GT does not retain credit card information or transmit credit card information to others.
- Jurisdictional Issues. The site is controlled and operated by GT from its principal office in New York U.S.A., and is not intended to subject GT to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory. Those who choose to access Global Tassels Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Disclaimers. THE GLOBAL TASSELS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SITE, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, GT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE GLOBAL TASSELS SITE.
- Limitation of Liability. NEITHER GT NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE GLOBAL TASSELS SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON SUCH SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.